It is a collaborative and interactive reporting solution from Microsoft for finance data.
View more here:
How is it different from standard SSRS?
It is designed to be collaborative. How often do you need discuss a report with other people? This software actually allows you to share via lync or sharepoint, and to insert comments at defined points of the report.
The other massively useful function is the ability to drillthrough all the way to the Dynamics AX entry.
The other functions I think which are useful are:
- Multilanguage support
- NO IT involvement required once setup
- auto-incremental update of data (NO ETL required)
- Multisource consolidation
- Integration with Dynamics AX
The documentation for Management Reporter is available now on Technet.
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 is not currently supported.
Minimum database requirements:
- Microsoft SQL Server® 2005 Express Edition with Service Pack 4
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or newer is required for the data mart database, system database, and the company database for the ERP.