Are you confused by how user roles in AX 2012 are integrated with Management Reporter roles? Have problems adding or deleting users in Management Reporter? Get your answers here.
In the last couple of weeks I have been asked by AX developers about Management Reporter Security. Mainly, they were stumped by how assigning different roles to users in Management Reporter does not quite turn out as they had expected. Both times I felt I could only give a partial answer. Thus, I decided to do a little experiment to find out the truth once and for all… or until Microsoft comes up with the next Rollup I suppose!
In this topic, I will cover:
- Adding users from AX 2012
- User is assigned an AX 2012 role that does not map to Management Reporter
- Assigning user a viewer role
- Assigning user a generator role
- Assigning user a designer role
- Assigning user an admin role
- Users of higher access
- Deleting user
- How to integrate users in Configuration Console
- Where is the user data stored in the database?
Management Reporter is able to integrate with different flavours of Microsoft Dynamics but in this topic I will cover integration with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 only, and only for up to RU5, simply because that is what is available to me for my experiment!